In Minnesota, spring, summer, and fall are the best seasons to entertain outdoors. To keep your family and friends comfortable I’ve compiled tips and ideas on ways to showcase new and old patio furniture, along with the design details to really set the stage for a fun, relaxing get-together.
- Comfortable cushions for guests – You don’t want your guests to leave early so keep them relaxed into the evening with comfortable seating. Cushions have come a long way since our grandparents’ generation. They are meant to withstand most weather conditions.
- An umbrella for shade on hot summer days. Enjoy a mid-day snack while taking a break from the sun in July. Tilting umbrellas are perfect to block the evening sun out of your eyes, too. From a design standpoint they work wonderfully to define a space and make the setting complete.
- Skip the table cloth – With the materials available on dining tables these days it’s easy to clean up spills and messes and you don’t have to worry about the wind blowing the table cloth off or using those ugly table cloth clips.
- Offer more than one area for mingling - Setting up a few spots such as a dining group for food, drinks at a bar table, and a s’mores station down by the fire pit will encourage guests to wander as they please.
- Let guests help themselves - Use a bar cart or sofa table and stock it with essentials such as drinks, glasses, ice, plates, and appetizers. If it has wheels you can even wheel it back towards the kitchen for restocking and easy cleanup.
- Add fresh flowers – Pick some flowers from your garden and create a casual bouquet instead of a fussy centerpiece.
- Don’t forget the music – This Serenata light and music combo can sit on an end table or clip onto your umbrella pole for background music. Plus having the light at night adds ambiance and allows you to view your after dinner snacks (or drinks).
- Fire pits for gathering – Enjoy the ambiance of a campfire without heading into the wilderness. Wood burning or gas operated fire pits offer your guests a spot to gather on lazy spring, summer or fall nights.
- Set the table – Setting the table lets your guests know they’re being taken care of and gives off a feel of restaurant style service.
With such a variety of casual furniture on display in our store you’re sure to find lots of outdoor entertaining ideas. How do you plan to entertain this patio season?
Thanks for visiting Entertaining Design.
To view more patio furniture display ideas check out Peters Billiards website here.