Stock, Special, and Custom Orders… What’s the difference?
Have you ever gone to a furniture store that has 30 recliners, but they were all in some shade of brown? Were you looking to buy a pool table, but really wished you could match the wood stain to your built-in bar? Well look no further! At Peters Billiards we specialize in those one-of-a-kind or just plain hard to find furniture pieces. There are a few things you might want to know about special orders. Let’s take a look at these 5 tips:
1. PLAN AHEAD
- The most important detail to remember is PLAN AHEAD! I feel so terrible when I have to tell you your order will not be in by Thanksgiving, Christmas, Super Bowl, birthday, summer season or whichever event you would love to have it for. Planning ahead ensures you will get what you want when you want it.
- What we like to call “special orders” takes anywhere from 4-16 weeks depending on the product and manufacturer. It takes time to make something customized just for your home. Our expert sales staff can give you a time estimate based on the product you’re interested in.
- Special orders are exactly that, special. Instead of choosing off the shelf and having the same items as your neighbor you will get a customized piece meant only for you. This will give that tailored look that blends seamlessly into your home.
2. COME PREPARED
- Measure - Along with the planning ahead, come in as prepared as you can. For example, if you are interested in purchasing a sofa measure the room or location where the sofa will go. If you’re looking for kitchen stools, measure the counter height and width.
- Pictures - A picture’s worth a thousand words and provides a window into your home. They allow our expert staff to guide you in the right direction. If you have a smart phone it makes it that much easier.
- Samples - Bring in any samples of paint, wood trim, carpet, other upholstery, tile, or anything else that you would like to coordinate with. This will make the process easier and much quicker for you. It will also give our staff more insight into your home décor style to help you find the perfect piece.
- From theater seating to pool tables, many types of furniture and game tables can be customized to your liking. It’s a handmade item made just for you. Start by choosing size, shape, and height and finalize with details such as upholstery, cup holders, pockets and much more.
- Too many choices making your mind dizzy? Don’t worry: we’re available to walk you through all of the options for painless decision making.
4. WHAT IS C.O.M., C.O.L., and C.O.S.?
And if we don’t provide enough options for you, many USA manufacturers offer even more customized choices.
- C.O.M. – Customer’s Own Material. Your new dining chairs can match your pillows and ottoman in the great room. You can bring in your own fabric to have upholstered on stools, chairs, pillows, patio furniture, and more.
- C.O.L. – Customer’s Own Leather. Similar to COM, you can supply your own leather. Often used if customers prefer a unique texture, finish or leather color.
- C.O.S. – Customer’s Own Stain. Also known as C.O.F. (customer’s own finish). This one is a popular choice. Bring in a stain sample of something you want to match (i.e. wood trim, wood cabinets) and we will send it off to the manufacturer. They will then make sample to match for your approval before going ahead with production on your order.
5. STOCK, SPECIAL, AND CUSTOM ORDERS..... What’s the difference?
- Stock orders – These are items we stock on hand in our warehouse location nearby. Typically these are available to pick-up same day or have delivered with in the week. These items are available “as shown” on display only. Any changes to sizes, heights, or colors would have to be specially ordered.
- Special orders – These items need to be ordered from the manufacturer. You can choose one of the manufacturer’s choices for size, finish, upholstery, and more. Our sales staff are experts at helping in this category so you’ll love the end result. These orders are subject to a restocking fee on returns.
- Custom Orders – These items also need to be ordered from the manufacturer. In this case the customer has decided on custom choices, such as C.O.M, C.O.L., C.O.S. or custom sizing. These orders are made so specific for you that they are considered a final sale.
The Holidays are just around the corner so remember…plan ahead!
Other links to visit: